Monday, January 14, 2013

The Horror of Shredding

I am terrible at taking care of mail that needs to be shredded. I have at least one full box and several stacks that need to be shredded. Today, because I'm ADD when it comes to organizing and have yet to finish one thing I've started thus far, I decided that it was time to tackle two small stacks (only a fraction of what I have) of mail instead of finishing my kitchen.


I have two little shredders. The biggest problem with these is that they are not meant for a lot of continuous use. Both of them would overheat after about two empties and I think I ended up breaking the pink one. It took me hours (about 12:30-4:30) to finish shredding those two stacks.


This is what I ended up with. I filled a tall kitchen bag.


If I have any advice, it's do not let your papers that need to be shredded pile up. It's an exhausting and time consuming process to have to go through tons of paper.

I think that I'm going to find someone to shred the rest for me. Office Depot and other places like that offer shredding services for a fee. It may be worth it to save myself the time it's going to take to finish what I have left.

No comments:

Post a Comment